Southwest Coastal Area Local Retiree Chapter Meeting
Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Time: 10:30 AM until 1:30 PM – Meeting will begin at approximately 11 AM.
Meetings is open to all retirees and Southwest Coastal Area Local members.
Location: Address: 1695 E Lincoln Ave, Orange, CA 92865, – Phone: (714) 974-2323
This is at the Northwest Corner of Lincoln and Tustin in the City of Orange. Just off the 55 Freeway.
The cost of the room is $150.00. However, the expense is reduced by the number of meals bought. Therefore, the Southwest Coastal Area Local Retiree Chapter will pay for your beverage and meal (breakfast or lunch).
Main items to discussed are:
- The October all Craft Conference
- The two Retiree Resolutions, Article 6 and 16
- The 2020-2023 Southwest Coastal Area Local Retiree Chapter Elections will occur at the February Meeting.
- Mailing to members
- Date and time for meeting – Suggestion is Feb 5, 2020 at 10:30 AM at this Denny if the room is available.
- Candidates can self-nominate anytime up to and including the February meeting.
- From Article 5 of Retiree Chapter Constitution Section 4 Eligibility
(a) To be eligible for office, a member must be in good standing preceding the nomination meeting as certified by the Secretary of the Retiree Chapter.
(b) To be eligible to vote in an election of officers, a member must be in good standing for three months immediately preceding the election, as certified by the Secretary of the Chapter.
(c) Once a retired postal employee accepts employment with the Postal Service, he/she is ineligible to be a member of the Retiree Department for that period of time. However, once a member retires again from the Postal Service, he/she is eligible to be a member of the Retiree Department without a waiting period.
- Business Permit is paid – expires 4/28/2020
- Bond has come in – Expires 7/1/2022
- California State APWU Convention will be in May of 2020 in San Diego. This is an election convention.
- 2020 National Convention – Los Angeles, CA 8/15/2019 until 8/20/2019
- 2022 National Convention – Maryland 8/13/2022 until 8/18/2022
WHEREAS, as the mothers and fathers of the American Postal Workers Union, retired members are a storehouse of knowledge, battle-tested experience, and wisdom to be utilized as a valuable American Postal Workers Union asset, and
WHEREAS, American Postal Workers Union Retiree Department members paid full dues for decades, and
WHEREAS, most American Postal Workers Union Retiree are like all retirees and live on a fixed reduced income, and
WHEREAS, many American Postal Workers Union Retiree step forward when the union needs assistance or support,
WHEREAS, a united American Postal Workers Union benefits all APWU Members, therefore be it Resolved, to amend the American Postal Workers Union Constitution and Bylaws Article 6. Add Retiree Chapter to section 1(a) and it would read,
“SEC. 1. (a) Each local union, area local, and Retiree Chapter shall be entitled to representation in National Conventions of one (1) delegate and one (1) vote for each twenty-five (25) members or fraction thereof.”,
and a new section 7, to read:
“Retiree delegates will be seated with a voice and a vote at the National APWU Convention.”
Fiscal Year, Revenues, and Charters
Whereas, Local and State Retiree Chapters have no means to increase the retiree chapter member’s dues locally or at the state level, and
Whereas, based on some local or state retiree chapter needs additional funds, be it
Resolved, Change Article 16 Section 2 (i), (j), (k) from 40% rebate to 75%